I have a problem.
While I do not consider myself a workaholic, I have a hard time saying no to work especially when I either (a) care about the job or (b) like my supervisor. As a result, I have about…four jobs right at this moment.
Make that FIVE if you count being a part graduate student as a job. Actually, I consider it a job…therefore…FIVE jobs.
How have I done this to myself!?
- I rejoined teaching, and that is my primary job with 40 (actually more) hours per week.
- I technically quit my previous full-time job with my last day being August 1st, but they extended my contract. I work from home on a part-time basis whenever they need. Typically, I work 3-15 hours/week for them. My extended contract should have ended at the end of August…but it’s still going. This *should* end soon.
- I still have my part-time, one day-a-week job at a bookstore. I’ve had it for over a year now and I should be getting my second evaluation and raise next month. I don’t really plan on quitting this job, but I do plan on transferring to a location nearer to where I live.
- My friend is an entrepreneur and when they asked me to help out with some online work…I figured that I could spare about an hour each day to help out. I’m not sure how much work is left for this job but I know I have at least 3 more hours of work to do…most likely more.
- Graduate school started Monday. I have only one class for a mini-semester which means it’s the work of a full semester crammed in half the time. I have another class lined up once this one ends.
This better all be worth it and I hope I don’t burn out in the process. I’m actually typing this while I should be sleeping, but some of the stress is starting to eat at me. After tossing and turning for over an hour, I figured I’d try to be somewhat productive and update my blog since it’s been MONTHS since I last posted.
Wish me luck…because everyday is starting to feel like “one of those days.”