If you are guy and dating a Korean girl, then I’ve got some ideas for you! If you are girl dating a Korean guy and looking for ideas, then look at this post for ideas. Since you’re looking at this post, then I can safely assume that know that Korean couples celebrate every 100 days they are together. The first 100-day anniversary is the first most important one (with 1,000 days being the next). By the way, the first day your anniversary day counts as “Day 1.” So if you start dating January 1 (no matter what time it became ‘official’), that day counts as a whole Day 1.
While I am not Korean, I dated someone who was, so we decided to do the 100 day anniversaries. I wanted to know what my boyfriend ‘expected’ me to do, and I wanted to know what I should expect from him. So, before our actual anniversary, I scoured the internet for information and ideas and I few found a few ideas on what a guy should do. I also asked my boyfriend what he had done the past and what he thought was pretty common. I know quite a few ‘western’ guys dating Korean girls, so I asked them what they did. Here is a brief list of ideas…basically guys are expected to do one thing from each of the following three categories.
1. Make a plan to go somewhere that you will both enjoy.
- If the two of you are fun-loving, go to an amusement park.
- If going to the movies isn’t a ‘normal’ date, then go to a movie theater.
- If it’s warm outside, head to the beach.
- If you can pull it off, head to a park for a picnic
- Take her to a fancy restaurant for dinner
- If you’re *ahem* “randy”, then you can spend money on a special hotel room: some even come with couple packages
2. Buy a 100-day anniversary cake.
- Either buy a basic cake from the local bakery. OR
- Buy a special ‘couple’ cake
3. Buy something for her
- Buy a bouquet of roses (usually heart-shaped), real or chocolate–or both
- Buy couple related clothing: shirts, shoes, jackets, bags, hats, etc. (Girls also have this option)
- Buy couple rings (if you have money)
- Buy matching underwear sets: bra & panties (for her) and boxers/briefs (for him)
- If your girl has expensive taste and you have money, a designer purse is highly treasured
By the way, tea light presentations are VERY common especially for gifts or a romantic set up on the beach/at the park. If you don’t want to spend the extra money and you have a Korean friend, they might be able to find someone with ‘left-over’ tea lights. Basically where you go and what you buy depends on your budget.
Good luck and congratulations to those of you approaching your 100 day anniversary! Read here if you want to know about my 100 Day Anniversary or here if you want to know a great app to calculate your anniversary date.