Um…I found it on someones blog and I’m a tad bored…
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
A couple things: I visited and volunteered at an animal shelter in Korea, I started a year contract for teaching at an elementary school, I hiked up and spent the night on a mountain.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did have New Years Resolutions….I completed the one about saving a certain amount of money. I didn’t write in Korean everyday. 😦 I didn’t finish a Korean textbook that I have, but I only have one or two chapters left! (It’s ridiculously dense.) I managed to ALMOST keep my 3days/wk exercise–even if it was just walking my dog…but when I was out for my ankle(s), the activity significantly decreased. I did cut down on my coke intake…my chocolate, on average…yes, but perfectly–no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, unless you count the two bloggers that I follow (fellow ex-pats married to Korean men)
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
A cleaner home. Stressed mind=messy room
6. What countries did you visit?
Nothing big…just America and Korea…I visited America because I technically live in Korea. 🙂
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
They day I took Sue Jung home! Definitely a life changer and I’ve sunk a lot of money into the little $50 puppy.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Realizing I can now hold short conversations in Korean..and fairly lengthy ones in writing. ^_^
9. What was your biggest failure?
hm….I think I have really let myself down in terms of exercise and stretching…I didn’t keep up the resolution and now I feel that I’m wasting the money I spent for a gym membership
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Boy did I! Not just one ankle sprain but THREE ankle sprains this year. On top of that, one of them was a high ankle sprain that took 2 MONTHS before I could walk normally..and it’s STILL in recovery.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new Ignatius Bible
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom…her life changed a lot more than mine in 2012 and her ‘behavior’ merits celebration…this is an awkward question and answer. lol
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The shooter in Connecticut…well him and one of my friends who decided he could no longer believe in God. I am friends with atheists and those of various religions…I am just not particularly keen on religious people converting to atheism…I don’t care if people jump religions, but I feel a bit sad when they give up altogether
14. Where did most of your money go?
Food…I tend to buy pricier food–i.e. fruits and foods that are out of season/imported
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
moving to a bigger apartment and organizing it. It’s nice to spread things out
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Sad to say…Oppa Gangnam Style by Psy I’m not even a fan of the song but it’s EVERYWHERE
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier? I don’t really remember
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner or the same
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
and some more:
i) more or less like Justin Beaver – i don’t understand
ii) more or less likely to decide inanimate objects looked like boobs – depends on the object….
iii) more or less likely to watch Glee – never watched it and don’t plan on it
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
reading and writing…but not writing about reading 😉
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
sitting in front of the computer
20. How did you spending Christmas/Winter Holiday?
I went to mass on Christmas Eve and then spent the day at home cooking up a storm.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
no falling for me
23. How many one-night stands?
None…would people REALLY admit that?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I watched a lot of So you Think You can Dance season reruns if that qualifies as a ‘favorite’. I really like Big Bang Theory though…it’s the only show that I keep up with through the internet
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
hate is a strong word…but I found a new dislike for one of my friends
26. What was the best book you read?
I can’t just one! Here’s a series and a book: The Soul Keepers Series (3 books) by G.P. Ching or The Me I Want to Be: Becoming God’s Best Version of You by John Ortberg
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
an HDTV monitor
30. What was your favorite film of 2012?
Um…I didn’t see any movies released that year. Wow….
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Older than I expected to turn, lol. I had a house party with friends: card games, drinks, lots of snacks, and a lot of good conversation. 🙂
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Learning how to use my counter-top (not TOASTER) oven BEFORE Christmas…
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
clean and comfortable..and a lot of pants because skirts just don’t look cute with a cast or ankle brace
34. What kept you sane?
weekends to unwind…#realtalk
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
no idea…um…I still like the looks of Orlando Bloom and Eminem and usually Johnny Depp
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
gay marriage…but it was a small stirring…I just…ugh…I see a difference between civil and religious marriages…
37. Who did you miss?
All my ex-pat friends that moved out of the country in 2012…including: Jennie, Paul, Tarrick, Melinda, David, Kenda, Greg, and Joe. And also friends in America that I only get to stay in touch with via internet/phone apps
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Anna…too bad I met her so late in the year…and doubly sad that she will be leaving soon (as in next week!) 😦
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
God has a plan for me that will be better for me than anything that I could devise myself. (I learned this last year, but I’m still in the process of realizing it.)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
If I didn’t care–more than words can say–If I didn’t care would I feel this way?