This week I started working at a new school. It was my first week and the first time I’ve truly worked at an elementary school. I’m pretty much enjoying it so far. It’s been a pretty easy transition so that is AWESOME. The only part that is not so great is that they won’t let me go home for lunch. I no longer eat school lunches (I stopped that at the end of my first year here), so I have to prepare my lunches the morning/night before.
On top of getting the meal prep done, I have so many other things I need to do every day. I decided to do what I did in college…I created a personal time-table that basically accounts for every hour of my day. (I had to do it in college because I was going to school full-time and working full-time over night and needed to plan my sleep/nap/study/work/school/drive times.) Anyway…here’s what I came up with:
- 6:30 wake up/eat/feed the animals
- 7-8 walk Sue 50-60minutes
- 8-8:20 – get ready and leave for work
- 8:30-4:30- work
- 4:30-5:30 (this should be my time to study Korean/write in my Korean journal but I have yet to actually accomplish this…been too busy unwinding)
- 5:30-6:30 write (I started a religious blog that I write in daily. I also draft for this blog and I’m hoping to get back to writing online articles)
- 6:30-7:30 prepare and eat dinner, do 1-2 chores (relax in front of the comp or take a 30 minute nap which I did twice this week)
- 7:30~9 feed the animals & run/walk Sue for 1~1.5 hours
- 9~9:30 shower, eat a snack/small meal
- 9:30-10:30 prepare next day’s lunch (i.e. divide it in baggies/cook, etc) and other snacks/mini meals, get ready for bed
- 10:30pm LIGHTS OUT
Tight schedule right? Exercise is thrown in the weekends and with the walks with Sue. For example, ywo or three of the nights I’m with Sue, I’ll run about 4km with her. (We have about a 10-15 minute walk to and from the place before I can start running.) I timed myself with her…we did about a 9.5 minute mile…which is really fast for me! Especially since I typically hate running. If it’s raining, or if I’m pressed for time, I’ll do an indoor hand-weight/body-weight workout routine. I’m hoping to go to the gym on weekends since I managed to do so last Sunday.